Most Hashtagged Cities On Instagram
by Niall McCarthy (Statista)
Instagram has become a huge hit with travelers around the world and New York has been named the most hashtagged city in a recent report.
According to "Hashtag the World", the Big Apple had 68 million hashtagged posts in 2016, a growth rate of 79 percent compared to the previous year.
The #NYC hastag was used 55,190 times every day on average in 2016.
London came second in popularity with 64.5 million hashtagged posts while Paris completed the top three with 55.1 million. Even though Los Angeles was further down the list for the sheer volume of posts, it did record the fastest growth rate of any city worldwide, with its post count rising 119 percent.
The chart above shows the number of hashtagged posts about cities in 2016.
- You Can Expect the Longest Delays on These 100 Flights
- Ancient Greece's Restored Tower of Winds Keeps Its Secrets
- Travel: Healthy Eating Tips
- Top Family-Friendly Spring Break Vacations
- Top Inexpensive Places to Travel To
- Best Apps for the Savvy Traveler
- Best Apps to Learn A New Language
- Photography Tips for Vacation Travelers
- The 10 Best Cameras for Summer Travel
- Travel with a Purpose
- VIP Airport Lounges: Airport Oasis
- Do Airlines Give Best Fares to Search Engines?
- Need a Flight? Just Google It
- Airfare Consolidators: Low Profile but Still Around
- Best Online Tools for Managing Airline Miles
- The Secrets to Successful Travel Bidding
Vacations & Travel "Most Hashtagged Cities On Instagram "