Top Inexpensive Places to Travel To
by Heidi Raker
When it comes to traveling, expenses add up. You can easily rack up a hefty bill from a hotel, a round trip flight, and eating out multiple times during the day. With the summer coming up, finding an inexpensive destination can seem daunting, but it is actually easier than you think.
And to save even more money, try looking for a destination that does not require a flight, or consider taking a train if it is within four or five hours from you. If you are planning to take a flight, consider buying a package deal that includes airfare and lodging. Don’t let your finances hold you back from having a great vacation.
Here are some of the top budget friendly destinations that won’t break your bank.
If you’re looking for a great beach vacation that isn’t too expensive, look no further than North Carolina.
It has so many beaches and great places to eat all around. It is ideal for those on the east coast because it is not as expensive as traveling to Florida, but during the spring and summer, has a climate that is just as beautiful. There are a lot of inexpensive resorts that you can find that have a close proximity to the beach, some are right on the water.
Use Trip Advisor to find the best deal that fits your preferences.
For those who prefer to go abroad for vacation, Barcelona has a lot to offer, from many historical and tourist destinations, to beaches and wonderful dining.
Compared to other international destinations, Barcelona is an inexpensive alternative, and your euros will take you farther than you would think.
3) National Parks
For an all-encompassing and nature-filled experience, try vacationing at a national park.
Yosemite, located in California, and Yellowstone, located in Wyoming, offer extensive hiking trails and excellent areas for kayaking or river rafting. There are many awesome natural spectacles to see such as geysers and incredible views.
4) Washington DC
This is a great destination for experiencing all the city has to offer, such as the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History and all the governmental monuments.
Don’t forget the photo ops at the White House and the U.S. Capitol. This can be a terrific educational family trip as well. There are many affordable hotels that you can find and seeing the landmarks won’t cost you anything.
5) Key West
If you are craving the Florida sun and want an inexpensive alternative to other destinations, then Key West is the place for you.
It is a very relaxed, picturesque vacation destination that offers a lively dining and bar scene that is modestly priced. Going in the winter can save you lots of money, but if you go in the spring or summer, off-season prices will be even more attractive.
No matter what your vacation preference is -- going international, down south, to a tourist destination or on an adventurous nature trip -- you are sure to find good hotel deals on these five destinations that are already moderately priced. Be sure to plan a budget in advance and look online for the best deals, and you’re good to go!
- Taking the Kids to NYC for the First Time
- 10 of the Most Haunted Places in New England
- Napa Winery's Garden, A Year-Round Place Of Culinary Inspiration
- Beyond Wine: Sonoma's Chill Food-And-Drink Scene Keeps Growing
- Kenyan Eco-Huts Attract Tourists & Cash
- Top 10 Airlines: In-flight Internet
- Ancient Greece's Restored Tower of Winds Keeps Its Secrets
- Travel: Healthy Eating Tips
- Top Family-Friendly Spring Break Vacations
- Top Inexpensive Places to Travel To
- Best Apps for the Savvy Traveler
- Best Apps to Learn A New Language
- Photography Tips for Vacation Travelers
- The 10 Best Cameras for Summer Travel
- Travel with a Purpose
- VIP Airport Lounges: Airport Oasis
- Do Airlines Give Best Fares to Search Engines?
- Need a Flight? Just Google It
- Airfare Consolidators: Low Profile but Still Around
- Best Online Tools for Managing Airline Miles
- The Secrets to Successful Travel Bidding
Article: Copyright © 2017 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.
Vacations & Travel "Top Inexpensive Places to Travel To"